Sunday, December 4, 2011

Two Thoughts from Choral Practice

First Thought:


Yesterday at my Christmas choral  practice  a phrase jumped out at me and I jotted it down in the margin of my music.


"If you're comfortable then probably you are singing the wrong part"


This reminded me that the God we serve is not into making sure that we are comfortable.  He stretches us as He molds us and makes us into His likeness and image.    Now I do not want you to confuse the fact that HE is a God that comforts...HE ABSOLUTELY IS.   Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to us to be our Comforter,  but here we are not talking about being comforted  but rather being comfortable!


Too often our flesh justifies that we deserve a comfortable life.  "I've worked all my life for this time of retirement. I've had "my day",    Been there ~ done that.   So what are we saying?  We have arrived?  We no longer have to work?  Be used?  Have a mission?


Until the day that the Lord calls us home, we have a purpose.  There is a call on our life as a child of God.  SO if you are comfortable where you are perhaps you are "singing" the wrong part.  Ask the Lord today if you are where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to do.  He has a place and task for you and wants you to realize that you NEED Him to be able to accomplish the task at hand.


So friend, put fear aside and dare come before the Lord for His orders for the day.  You surely don't want to miss a thing!


Blessings!


Part 2 tomorrow.




Please come and join us in an afternoon of celebrating HIS birth at this free concert. 

The Music Of Christmas

Sunday, December 18th at 4:00pm
New England Bible Church

60 Chandler Road, Andover, Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment