Friday, December 23, 2011

Testing Testing Testing

I love the saying,  "I was the perfect parent until I had children!"   Well that applies to our Christianity as well!  I can see numerous places that the Lord has changed me.  This has been an encouragement.  But having the kids around has made me keenly aware that there is still MUCH more work to be done!


Sarcasm has always been a speciality in our family....friendly teasing, words of banter,  sharp wit.  I felt, now that the kids have left, that I have done alot of work in this area    HA~   Are you kidding!??  I simply did not have anyone to do it TO!   So there you have it..... my tongue is still alive and "well" although I use that term loosely.


So the test begins.  HE has made it apparent to me ~ gotten my attention ~  let me see the looks and hear the "Moms" and let me see clearly that there is still an issue I need to put "to death"


The holidays are the perfect time to "Check your gauge" ~ especially if you feel you have arrived!   Stress, overindulgence, tiredness and PEOPLE will be what the Lord uses as a "dip stick" to see what needs to be added or subtracted from our lives.


Do not disdain this my friend..... just see it as a place to bring to the Lord for grace and guidance.  Oh to be like HIM this is our prayer!


"Oh I want to be like Jesus" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kALNwn5utU

No comments:

Post a Comment