Thursday, March 31, 2011

Onward Christian Soldier

One of the most powerful tools in our walk with the Lord is to "cast down vain imaginations and everything that tries to exalt itself over the knowledge of God." 2 Cor. 10:5

Our mind is a battle field.  If the enemy can plant a seed there and it is allowed to take root and sprout we soon become impotent and will experience no victory in our lives.

In the beginning of this exercise I felt very weak but with the power of the Holy Spirit and His reminding me, I soon became strong in the "pulling down of strongholds".  As I went about my day something would pop into my mind and I would begin to mull on it. I would be reminded and a would speak out loud over myself:
 
"I'm not going to "go there".  It does not matter. I am in the very palm of my Father's hand and nothing...I will repeat NOTHING, is allowed to come into my sphere of being without His first having seen it and allowed it for his purpose. I choose to praise the Lord!"

There were days that I repeated this out loud 100's of times.  A fortress soon began to be built around my life as His strength was made perfect in my weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Don't give ground to the enemy or the flesh!   Hold steady.  Stay in the Word. he comes only to kill, steal and destroy.  Don't give him anything!   Say no to your flesh and  walk in His ways.  You will never be the same.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment