Monday, March 28, 2011

Heartache

I distinctly remember a time sitting on my deck in the warm fall sun thinking.."My life is over, I'll never be happy again.  I have no reason to live"
Devastation hits strong and hard and many times totally unexpected.  We are shook to our core.  We doubt that we will make it.  We are dazed.  
BUT THEN
Jesus comes.  We may not see Him, hear Him or even seek Him but He is there .  He is faithful. He is watching. Nothing escapes His notice.  He holds us close.  He protects us from all that is not of use in His plan for our lives.
15 years later I sit on that same deck.  I reminisce and see the goodness of the Lord.  I am changed.  I have grown.  He has gone deeper inside of me. My life is full and He has proved Himself more than enough.

His word says:  "I will never leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." 

Even when we have no strength to go on  He will carry us.  Beloved crawl up on His lap and rest.  Put your head on His chest and allow yourself to be quieted. 

HE IS ABLE.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this so need to do it right now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. just like little Kenneth crawling up into the safe, warm lap of his mommy......
    :) Beautiful Word!! anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing love, amazing grace. jodi

    ReplyDelete