Monday, April 24, 2017

Just a Crumb

While chatting with a friend the other day, she told me of a long standing rift that she was experiencing between her and a good friend.  As she shared her frustration, confusion and hurt over this broken relationship The Lord began to draw a picture in my mind.

I saw Hansel and Gretel locked up in the wicked witch's cottage.  They were alone and afraid. The difference between what I saw and the storybook tale was the trapped children did not leave a trail of crumbs but to encourage a healing in the relationship my friend needed to drop some crumbs.

I'm thinking that this is probably sounding confusing...but please bear with me.

Sometimes someone pulls away because of a sadness or a self inflicted wound .  They have lost ground and have found themselves trapped in discouragement and or even depression.  They pull away..sometimes for seemingly no apparent reason.

WHAT WOULD/does JESUS DO?

I believe instead of feeling hurt, rejected and frustrated with the "pulling away" of His friend Jesus would begin to drop some "crumbs". The Scripture says "...by His kindnesses He leads us to repentance". Romans 2:4

I suggested perhaps a short and friendly text, a bouquet of flowers, a card or plate of cookies.  Just little bits of "love" strewn along the way that might help draw the friend back.

This counsel I believe was from above with perhaps a heavenly hint as to what was going on.  Would or could it hurt to respond in this way?  I cannot see that it would cause more damage.

I can only hope someone would "hunt me down" and not give up on me.  
We need each other....sometimes more than we know 

No comments:

Post a Comment