Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I Heard It From a Cupcake



Yes you heard me right!
It's the world we live in!   

Today I was talking with my daughter as she drove to her doctor's appointment. She was excited to hear the results of her ultra sound to make sure that she actually was having a boy.....
"I'm  excited to hear from something other than a cupcake"

You see a new way to announce the gender of the baby is to get the "results" from your Dr. on a piece of paper..take it to the bakery and they will fill your cupcakes with either pink or blue (depending on the Dr's note) you then go home and have the "reveal" by biting into the cake.

All these things are gimmicks and are fun for a season of time. 
But I fear that we have become a generation who believes whatever we hear; whether it's from a cupcake or an Esquire magazine.  Everything written sounds like fact and even has pictures to prove it.  We live in a period of Fake News and many have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

There is one  FACT that will never change! 
One day we will stand alone before the Lord and He will speak to us about our "status".  No other one will be there with us. There will be no one to point at or deflect to.  

Perhaps He'll say "what did you do with your life?"

What will you say?

Friend, we have a Holy Book at our disposal.  
It is full of God's Personal Words and Instructions.  
We stand without excuse.  
I urge you to dust that book off today and begin to read.  
Get your instructions from your Maker...the Creator of Heaven and Earth!  
I promise you that it is Full of TRUTH 
and the 
TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!

4 comments:

  1. amen!!!! SO good!!!!!
    love you, friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are writing your “Musings with Marnie” again! I love reading them, and they really speak to my heart.

    Bless you, Marnie, and thank you for your faithfulness….you are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marnie,
    Good to have you back. I look forward to reading your articles. This was a good one as it has been in the news.
    How quick we are to accept the word of man but reject the Word of God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to receive this Musing from you! How I have missed them! I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete