Sunday, February 23, 2014

Will I or Won't I

Today I was feeling "hemmed in"
I longed for freedom and no constraints.
My service to Mom felt like a noose around my neck. (I'm sorry if that offends)

I wanted to attend my Bible Study (that's not bad right?)  I wanted to be free of someone constantly calling my name to ask where I was, what I was doing.
 I wanted a "grown up" conversation.

Harmless.             ?

I felt the prompting of the Lord.
I began to read His Word.

I came across  Romans 15:5-6

Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,
          6 SO THAT  you may unanimously and  with united hearts and one voice, praise and glorify the God             and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ .

United hearts,  One voice?   
Ah yes
I needed to silence the voices in my flesh ...
I needed to submit my divided heart and simply
HEED THE SCRIPTURE.

How difficult is that?   Well after I've "done away" with my flesh it's not so hard
 but killing that old man sometimes seems to be a real chore especially if my Sword is dull.  :)

I'm better because His Word is alive and creative.  It is doing It's work in me and I will remain on the "wheel" until I'm finished

content


7 comments:

  1. SOMETHING WE ALL NEED TO HEAR AND BE REMINDED OF, MY FRIEND! SO GLAD YOUR "MUSINGS" ARE BACK! EVEN YOUR FRIENDS IN OREGON ARE IN NEED OF THEM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marni,
    A good word for us all.
    I recently read in my devotional that a simple: "Help me, Jesus!" in
    the midst of feelings like you were having which I have had is all it takes
    for our Lord and Commander-in-Chief to send out His relief!! I use those words
    a lot!!!

    Love you, good having you back!!
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to "read" your thoughts again.
    Nice to hear your process as well.
    It is a daily realignment and resubmission for
    us all.
    Thanks for being real.
    Thanks for the reminder/challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .your musing was a help to me and just what I knew I needed....so blessed to know that others are experiencing similar challenges and seeking God's way and not the flesh...thank you dear friend...blessed to call you Sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Marnie. We all need to remain on the wheel. Prayer is powerful. In Him, Laurice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you, Marnie. You are an amazing woman of God! Thanks for this encouragement today!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am experiencing that daily and have been
    Hemmed in as well by His word!!

    Blessings
    Anna

    ReplyDelete