Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Helpless


Thinking today about 
the Helpless
the Homeless
the Least of these

How often have I just walked past?
How often have I said in my heart;
..."someone else's responsibility" 
.... "not my business"
.... " I don't have anything to spare"
..."They have chosen this life"
.... "I'll be taken advantage of" ?

I've decided that that is wrong thinking
Its God's Business not ours.
In Matthew 25 He has directed us as to what to do.

EVERYONE CAN DO SOMETHING!
Everyone DOES NOT have to do Everything!

What will you do?

First of all I'm simply praying 
that the Lord will make me mindful of this.

   That He will help me 
   to see differently, 
 hear differently.

I'm going to make myself ready.
Whether it is to make 
small care packages of toothpaste, brush, soap etc.  
or
buy packages of socks and underwear
or 
have some "ready" food items on hand and/or
gift cards for coffee or a sub.

SOMETHING

I will be ready.
and when those things have been given out 
I will ready myself again

How about you....
I think I now know what the "Samaritan's Purse" stands for.

Called to Diligence


.... 

2 comments:

  1. He's prepared you in advance......you are ready!

    Ephesians 2:10

    For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marnie, Amen sister, beautifully and truthfully stated. A great reminder in an all to cynical and cold world. Another issues to be resolved about. Donna

    ReplyDelete