Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Language of the Redeemed!

I was chatting with my daughter at dinner tonite about today's blog. She told that when she first went to Brazil to live in February the learning of the language was exhausting.  She said, " Mentally and physically it was challenging.  So much energy is put into listening and then thinking before you speak.  It made me speak only the things that were necessary."
We spoke of how we use so many words that are just "fluff"   We talk a lot and how unfortunately, in that familiarity, we can become careless.
So I began to "muse" (I know what's new?)   


Speaking the  "new" language of Christianity can be exhausting.  The discipline of thinking before we speak can be difficult to say the least.  A habit is not easy to break.  Look at it as a new language.  


The language of the Redeemed!


Reminds me of a song "Let the Redeemed of the Lord say so!
I'm redeemed I'm redeemed Praise the Lord!"  Ps 107:2


THUS   James 2:12   "Speak as those ...who will be judged"


Friends, lets do what ever it takes  OK? 
(duct tape anyone?)


Blessings!


PS  Weslea will be sharing Thursday night the 14th here at the house at 7pm. All are invited and there will be prayer and ministry available.



No comments:

Post a Comment