Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Manna

I so hate to admit this but I think, in fact I know, that I would have been one of the people complaining about the Manna.  
There it's off my chest, out of my mouth, I've admitted it.


Now it's not really that I'm a complainer, you see, but Manna? the same old stuff day after day..year after year.  Come on now it HAD to get old.


In the beginning I bet it was GREAT!   What a convenience!  and Yummy too!!  Never had to worry about storage, delivered to your "tent flap" and there you had it, DINNER!! But the problem is it was breakfast and lunch as well
.
Wonder what the Lord was doing, what He was trying to teach, what HE wanted to see in His people.


I also admit that I am not a Biblical scholar, but I am over 50, raised a bunch of kids and have been "worked on" alot.  I think the Lord was looking for gratitude.  Day in and day out, in the night hours as well.,,, an Attitude of Gratitude.   Yes I know you don't want to fake it and He is not asking you to.( I kind of think He is able to look right through those facades anyway).  


But are you grateful?  How often?  For what?  Do you believe that the circumstances you are in right now are from the Lord's hand? (This is directed to people who are "following" the Lord)   An infallible sign of faith, I think, is gratitude....thanksgiving....IN EVERYTHING,   


Today put it at the top of your TO DO list.  Let's do it!
Thank YOU Lord!   right where I am,   I lift my hands and say Thanks Lord....You have it all under control!
I LOVE YOU!
Blessings!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0il6d-DAk

2 comments: