Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Garden

I like to get out into my gardens early in the day.  It is quiet and smells sweet with the dew on everything.  One such morning I was working, weeding, edging, etc when I told the Lord that I felt that it was a lot of work ... that there were many more important things to be concerned with and tended to.  

I heard Him say in His still small voice, "I just love a garden"

Sometimes we wonder what is going on, is our life counting for anything significant? It is confusing to us when our lives are taken up with sickness, car problems, wayward children and the like, and sometimes just mundanity.     

I mean He is the one in control right?

The scripture says to live a simple, quiet life:
1 Thess 4:11
 to aspire to live a tranquil life, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your (own) hands, as we instructed you,

12      that you may conduct yourselves properly toward outsiders and not depend on anyone.


It is all for His good pleasure.  That is why we are made ~  to bring glory to HIm!  Even in the midst ~ glorify His Name!

Blessings!


5 comments:

  1. That's just wonderful, Marnie....and you are a blessing in your garden because you share it with everyone!! anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning!!
    good thoughts........good reminder forme in this season of "what's next Lord"
    he is pushing me to rest and "be".

    Good scripture for the codependent.

    dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marnie,
    This musing was from God thru to me. You are such a blessing. Thank you for your devotion and obedience to our Father.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marnie

    Loved this....was thinking about this myself this week as I weeded.

    How was your Maine get away?

    Love, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this one today. Thanks be to God!
    jodi

    ReplyDelete