Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just HOW Fast??

 When we have erred~  how fast do we want the Lord to forgive us?


When someone else has done wrong~ how fast do we forgive them?


Have you ever had that feeling down deep in the pit of your stomach?  That "not right now", "I want to make you suffer a little longer", "You really REALLY hurt me" feeling.   Interesting isn't it.  We want it over and done with quick when it is our garbage that needs to be taken out but when we are on the "forgiv-er end we often take our time.


Not good I'm thinking.


I'm also thinking how VERY GRATEFUL I am that the Lord let's us have the time to work it all out. He provides the Holy Spirit to help us along and also prompts and encourages us to lay down the offense.


Does anyone come to mind?  Is there an offense hanging out there that has not been dealt with?


Hey  Why not clean the slate today.  Oh don't you worry~ no one is getting off the hook when you forgive them....the Lord sees and knows and is able.  BUT He wants us free from the  poison of offense and sin that so easily eat away at us.


Do it today.  He's waiting.


Blessings


ps...it would go something like this "Lord I have held this far too long. I am sorry for not forgiving _____
I still sting at the thought of it but I trust You.  Here You go Lord.  It's all Yours.




My personal dealing with the verse below  showed me that as long as I HOLD ( bind) on to a grudge, offense or sin that  it is bound in heaven as well  BUT once i loose it, let it go, the Lord  picks it us and looses HIS power in a way that I could never have done.
Thanks Lord



New International Version (©1984)
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." Matt 16:19

No comments:

Post a Comment