Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scribbles between the lines

Having walked with the Lord almost 50 years... I have read and poured over quite a few different Bibles.  These old, raggedy books are dear to me and seem almost like a diary of my walk with the Lord.  I am a marker, a scribbler, a note taker and my Bibles tend to be marked up alot.  Quotes from sermons, preachers, and other references are scrawled in the margins and at the ends of chapters.  It's like pouring over yellowed letters from an old friend...  


Let me share a scribble or 2  with you today...


A Sermon on Lying:
A minister told his congregation ," Next week I am going to preach on the sin of lying.  To help you understand I want you all to read Mark 17".
The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands.  He asked how many had read Mark 17.  Every hand went up.  He smiled and said "Mark has only sixteen chapters.  I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying " :)


God's delays are not His denials
God is never in a hurry in the preparation of His saints
Never doubt in the dark what you received in the light


Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment