Tuesday, April 5, 2011

He has a Name for You

A few weeks ago I attended at Cultural Awareness event in a nearby church.  I went to a class on how to relate to the homosexual in the family, workplace etc...

As each person shared their story, one imparticular stood out. A gentleman told of the struggle that he and his wife were having over their niece of 20 years deciding to become a nephew. Even as he shared he stumbled back and forth over the pronouns and the new name vs. the name he had always used for her.  The relationship became very tenuous as the young person felt that they were calling "him" the wrong name on purpose etc.  It was/is indeed a difficult situation. 
As people continued to talk I felt a stirring in my spirit as a conversation began to formulate in my mind.  It went something like this:

"I'm sorry  for the upset in our relationship.  I apologize for any offense that we may of caused during this  difficult change.  It simply is an awkward  time and habits are not easily changed.  So from now on we have decided  that we are going to call you "Sweetheart".
Then I heard the verse "While we were yet sinners Christ died for us" Romans 5:8  I knew the Lord was speaking. 

What a God we serve.

 In our most sin filled state, broken, stubborn and rebellious  HE saw us and called us SWEETHEART.   How awesome is that!  HE looked past it all and loved with an unconditional love. 

Dare we do anything less? 
Today let's ask the Lord to fill us with HIS LOVE for the lost...that we would join Him and call them "Sweetheart".

No comments:

Post a Comment