Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ending Badly

I have been involved in a study of the Kings of the Old Testament.
I was happy to see in my reading tonite that after studying about the very bad king Jeroboam would come Asa.

In 2 Chronicles 14:2 it says that "Asa did good and right in the eyes of the Lord."  I said "Great!  some positive news... a good king."  Then I read...."At the end, however, Asa stumbled and the last 5 years of his reign were out of step with the Godliness that had characterized it up to that point."


HOW SAD!!  
But how easily it can happen!!

We are only one step away from turning away.  There  is no fence so the fact is you either are or you aren't.  You are walking towards or away, with Him or not, obeying or disobeying.   

We must be careful to never get so smug that we think we are unable to fall.  It has happened to many.  It is a moment by moment choice we make to follow the Lord.


THANKFULLY we serve a God who forgives, 
Who loves reconciliation, 
Who constantly is calling to us.

Friend.... recommit today.   Make sure you are where you are supposed to be.   Life is short and the last thing you want is to end bad....No one plans it that way.....but it can happen.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your strength."  Deut 6:5 and Matt 22:37  

It needs to be your full time job!

content

ps 
please bear with me as I try to use a different server for my blog...I'm looking for some aid so this one will go out normally but I will most likely be experimenting a bit in the near future   thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment