Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Control ~ Or Lack Of

Today I'm out of control.

I'm having some painting done in my home which (to my and the painter's dismay) is turning out to be a bigger job than planned.
My schedule has been upset.  A thin coat of dust has covered and penetrated every area.  What seemed so innocent of a task has turned into something quite unexpected!

I find myself either needing to leave the house or clean some random, out of the way space to keep my sanity.  This is no ones fault.  Sometimes life just deals a hand like this.  I fully realize there are much more tragic and serious things.....but none the less, I have "lost control".    I realize there is nothing that I can really do until the task is done.   
I keep talking to my self...breathing deeply and keeping questions at bay.
It's out of my hands.

How like life.  
For a period everything is running smoothly .....our plans play out unhindered.  The hiccups of life are just that.. mild distractions.

BUT THEN 

something comes that tries to blow us off our course.  We question, we doubt, and if we are not careful, our ill-adjusted attitudes can get the best of us and all those around us.

It's a test Beloved.  
He's watching.  
His Grace is readily available.  
His promises continue to be true.  

SO how are you doing?

while you lay sick in bed
have lost your job
get bad news
have your car breakdown
get an unexpected bill 
lose a friend or loved one
hear your name being slandered
etc   etc   etc

Life is just this way.   
Hold on to your hats ~ the ride can be twisty and scarier than a roller coaster in the dark!   
Yet
When I'm not in control   
I trust all the more that HE IS!!

Put your hands in the air 
and let out that big scream!!!! 
You're nearing the end of the ride!

content

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!!!!! I love your faith Marnie But will pray this project can be completed soon! I thank God for your example:) Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy Rachael---you and I can really use this one.......It is so true aobut the little and the big storms and trials.
    I love you dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! Great insight. xxoo joan l

    ReplyDelete