Monday, December 17, 2012

Thirsty??

I am not by nature a thirsty person. 

I believe  that I have just gotten used to being dehydrated.  With a little education and common sense as to how our body demands water to run efficiently, I now try to intentionally drink. I make a plan and before long  I actually find myself beginning to crave water.  It's interesting.

It so parallels with Bible reading in our lives.  There have been many seasons, over the past 50 years of knowing the Lord, where I have been dehydrated.  I went on my merry way ignoring the "need" and getting by.  Like getting your thirst quenched from a fruit or coffee etc   I believed that I was ok  with getting my spiritual hydration from a weekly  sermon, bible study and conversation.

Friends ~  I think it goes with out saying.  
You know and I know as Christians we MUST ingest the scripture!  On a regular basis we must intentionally begin to drink in the Words of God..  They have been given to us for a purpose!  Being away from the Scripture for very long again parallels with dehydration taking  its toll on a body.  We will be ok for a while and then symptoms will begin to set in, tiredness, irritability  and over all malaise  ~ JUST as with  the lack of Scripture reading ~ the same is true~

"Man cannot live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God!" Luke 4:4

Blessings!

ps   I often pray that the Lord will fill me with a thirst for His Word.  He loves that prayer I think!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Well said (again. :-)

    I have often referred to it as being anemic. My life is anemic without Bible reading and prayer. Most of us don't know it when we are anemic, as with dehydration. lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a parallel note: yesterday's My Utmost for His Highest was addressing our increased recognition of our need for redemption only AFTER we have been redeemed.



    See you tomorrow!



    --Ann

    ReplyDelete