Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Savior's Party


The Saviors Party

I was invited to a party for the Savior
 but the Savior was no where around
I had readied with excitement and expectation
 but His name was rarely to be found

The guests were dressed in fine splendor
The decor was sparkling and bright
But not once did I catch a glimpse of Him...not once thruout the night

I listened for His name to be mentioned...I waited for Him to come on the floor
I had gone to celebrate a Savior Who for me .. My sin He had bore

The guests kept taking the spotlight
One or 2 mentioned His name
But not once during the night or the evening did any glory go to His name

The music was loud and raucous
The fanfare of dancing a sight BUT
I had gone to a party for the Savior?
 yet the Savior was no where in sight?

My Savior loves a party but a jealous God is He
And I know He waited with expectation
 for an invite to be freed

He would have arrived with royalty and splendor
The crowd would be awed by His might
But never was He asked to enter
Not once thru the loud excited night

Has His birthday been forgotten
Hidden by the tinsel and lights
Has the reason for his coming
gone out like a burnt candle's light

I came home confused and disillusioned
Wondering if I'd gotten it right
For I was sure that the cause was His birthday
That I had waited thruout the night

Emmanuel Emmanuel
You came
You watched
You saw
But I guess You really weren't invited
For no one seemed to mind at all

Lord forgive us for the limelight that we have taken for ourselves
And once again be merciful ....
For We've rejected You once more

We took Your birth as a time to party
forgetting the days ahead
 when we will call out for help and forgiveness
And wonder at the silence and dread

Our God is an awesome God for sure
But serious is He is as well
For He came to make a way for us to escape the coming hell

Oh little town of Bethlehem
Silent and holy night
History pure and simple
Seemed lost at the party tonight

For

I had gone to a party for my Savior but my Savior was nowhere in sight

marnie 12/19/2010

1 comment:

  1. May i make a copy for keeping and sharing??? Very well put and challenging diane

    ReplyDelete