Thursday, September 29, 2011

Small Thinking ~

I was in a meeting recently where we joined in prayer for a group of women that were about ready to embark on an African trip.  As a few of us prayed I was struck by the thought that perhaps some of the women, not standing, might be thinking that they would never have an opportunity like this.  
"There is NO WAY that I would ever be able to go on a missions trip"  
"I could NEVER afford to go to Africa"  
" I would have nothing to offer if I did go"


It prompted me to think about how often we limit the Lord.  
The Maker of the universe, our Intimate Father and Friend, Who has EVERYTHING at His disposal plus MORE, has said in Scripture that His arm is not too short.  He is a way maker!  Nothing is impossible for Him!


Let's not do this anymore.  
When we pray ~ Lets PRAY BIG!   
Don't hold back~   Follow your heart in prayer and instead of having "stinking, shrinking thinking"  Dare to pray the Will of God over your life (and others as well)  realizing that He can accomplish it all!   Don't let money, health, circumstances, etc etc cramp your prayers.... He listens and He cares


Father knows best!


Blessings!


ps going on a retreat this weekend....please pray that the Lord will show Himself BIG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment