Friday, February 22, 2019

The Sweet Holy Spirit

While sitting in Bible Study this morning some questions were raised about this Person in the Godhead. 
As I recall the first 10 years of my christian life seemed Holy Spirit void.  
Is that possible? 
Just because I don't bring recognition to Him does that negate His Existence?
In John 14:26 Jesus is referring to the Holy Spirit Who would present Himself after Jesus' resurrection, "but the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name"

A picture came to my mind this morning as I sat in study.  
I saw 3 seats.  
God sat in the first, Jesus the second and the Holy Spirit the third.
I pictured myself going before them in prayer. 

I recognized God as my Husband. [Isaiah 54:5]
I brought my request directly to Him.  
Jesus listened intently and, leaning into The Father  began to speak on my behalf as my Advocate and Defender. 
 It was wonderful to feel so taken care of.  

The Holy Spirit sat quietly staring at me, waiting to be recognized.  
I could tell He had something to say to me but He waited and did not interfere.  
His steady gaze followed me with deep compassion written on His face.  
I felt His desire to speak.  
"Holy Spirit"?  I said.  
He stood up and came to me and wrapping His Arms around me in a gentle comforting hug, He began to whisper in my ear.  
He counseled me.
 He comforted me.  
He imparted Wisdom.
He gave me ideas as to where to go, who to see, what to say.

As I listened I knew it was my decision as always.  
I could heed or continue on my way "leaning to my own understanding" Proverbs 3:5
I have to admit though, I felt a supernatural tug to follow HIs Instruction!
I leaned in to His equipping.  
I spent some time in His embrace and did not try to hurry what He was doing and saying.

He promised to walk with me through my troubles and travels.
He said He'd even help my memory recall His words!
I invited Him to be my Constant Companion and asked to be accountable to Him.  
He promised to help me, convict me and guide me if I trusted Him .  

Be assured His ways are always  flavored with the Fruit of the Spirit Galatians 5:22-23




So my friend,  Look to the Left and Don't leave Him out!  Jesus sent Him INTENTIONALLY for YOU!

John 14: 15-27
John 16: 5-15
Romans 8:1-17
Galatians 5:16-26

No comments:

Post a Comment