Friday, February 22, 2019

Straining Against the Bit


In the Scriptures today I found a verse that I have not thought of in a while

Psalm 32:9
Be not like the horse or the mule, which lack understanding, which must have their mouths held firm with a bit and bridle, or else they will not come with you.

I remember my early years as a Christian, when I first began to hear His voice.  I remember "straining against the bit" wanting my own way over the Lords.

Today it makes me sad that I resisted like that.  Sad because I wasted so much time and energy struggling to have my own way and also sad that I could spurn such a Good Good Father;  God who has been always faithful, a constant companion, a wonderful Husband and Captain of my life.

He and I have talked about this.
He's been able to remove the reigns from my head as I have learned that there is NO BETTER WAY to go!
Where He leads me I will follow

https://youtu.be/LjLCRU3Xkiw

No comments:

Post a Comment