Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Head Down ~ Spirit Up

Someone shared a story with me today.  

She was out to dinner with family.  As they waited to be seated a gentleman with a cane came towards the door.  He was bent in a 90 degree angle.  Totally bent over, head down.  
My friend opened the door for him and as he twisted his head to see her he said "thank you, I'd like to give you something."  He then pulled out two small pink crosses from his pocket and handed them to her.  "Thank you for being so kind."

 ***************************************************
I had a dear friend go home to Jesus this fall.  She was in her late 70's and  a volunteer at her church. She just loved on people.  When the days of her wake and funeral came about the line to pay respects to the family was VERY long and growing.  

Why had everyone come to say farewell to Irish Ann?

SHE WAS KIND.

PERIOD.

Standing in that line I so wanted to interview each and every participant and ask how they knew her.  "I met her at the butcher shop and she prayed for my wife."  "She brought communion to my elderly parents who were shut in." "She came and bought cards every week to send to loved ones."

Ann "signed up" for one of the most important jobs.
PEOPLE.  
She loved people..ALL people.  She made everyone feel welcome and like a friend.  

I think it would be good if we ALL TOOK ON THAT JOB!
What a change we could make in this world!

Friends ~  BE KIND  ~  and like my dad (with a twinkle in his eye) would say.."It don't cost no more."

If you left earth today what would you be remembered for?

3 comments:

  1. Good evening Marnie, if today was my last day, I honestly believe that I would be remembered by the way I would treat another person. I love people and always look for the good in them. I have worked 27 years for Social Security and for Welfare. While I was treating my recipients with respect and possibilities, I had to watch my co-workers verbally abuse their recipients. There, but for the grace of God, go I.
    Thank you for reaching out !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the Love of Jesus shining through 😃. Thank you Marnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another good one. One of my acts of kindness is with phone techies, who probably get growled at a LOT. I speak my gratitude, even if they haven’t been able to fix the problem. When we get spam phone calls, I try to ask them—politely—if they would put us on their Do Not Call list. A few of them respond politely.

    ReplyDelete