Thursday, January 7, 2016

For Better or for Worse

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE

WHILE DOING A BIT OF SHOPPING IN TARGET  I noticed two middle aged men "holed up" waiting for someone to finish their shopping.  I assume that they knew each other but at the same time seemed a little hesitant in their sharing

It kind of went like this;
MAN #1
"I don't know why my wife is here.  She has more clothes than our closets can hold.  She just never has enough, wears something once and then loses interest."

MAN #2
"My wife has 48 pair of shoes....and then another 20 plus pairs for summer alone.  She wears them all but always wants more"

I sensed that they were both frustrated.  They obviously had both "lost their voice" if they ever had one. And had seemingly entered the Passive Zone.  You know the saying "happy wife..happy life". Then why didn't they look happy?

So girlfriends....are any of you just ignoring the subtle and perhaps not so subtle hints/looks/ sighs/ frustrations that your husband may be showing?  Have you turned a blind eye or deaf ear?  Do you care?  Have you gotten used to having your own way?

Do you really want your own way?

Men.....have you given up and shut up...?  Have you abdicated your role of "protector and provider"?  I'm not suggesting that it is going to be easy but it is obvious to me that something has to give if your marriage is going to grow

I know I'm stirring a pot....perhaps even going where angels fear to tread...but..the picture of those two men  who had obviously abdicates their position in the family.....saddened me.

It's good when someone takes the lead and I think in a marriage setting it should be the man.


Please remember it's just a "musing"









1 comment:

  1. I agree Marnie. I prefer that my husband call me out, put his foot down, stand firm in a decision... even if I'm strong about my opinion, I am not always right and I know that. My views need to be challenged; my attitude needs to be checked; and MY way needs to be tempered. (we recognize the dysfunction in the parental arena - we know we don't want to "spoil" our children. But in the same way we can give into our spouses and spoil our marriages.) - TAyers

    ReplyDelete