Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sunday Dinner

When  I go to church on Sunday morning I go to be "fed".  Along with my own personal study I enjoy gathering with brothers and sisters to  be encouraged and challenged by the Word.
We hear of pastors that "tickle " the ears of the congregation.  They preach what they think their people  want to hear.. 
 I'm looking for a "meal to tide me over".  You know that nice big meal that "sticks to your ribs" and keeps you full and happy for a long while.  A meal that needs to be digested and that will strengthen and help us endure. Food that I want to talk to my friends about, a place that I can recommend.

Would you join me today to pray for our pastors, preachers, teachers and church leaders.  Pray that The Lord will fan into flame the Spirit that is within them.  Ask The Lord to fill them with wisdom, discernment and a real thirst for His Word..   

Father, we lift Your servants here in NH, New England, this country and around the world..  
We ask Lord that these men and women will be endowed with Your Wisdom, discernment and Grace.  We need Your shepherds Lord, those You have placed to lead and guide us.   Endow them with boldness, clarity and a ferocious desire to protect the purity of the Word.  Help them to carve out time for study and prayer.  Provide for their needs that they will not be pulled away from Your purpose over them.
Lord keep them pure and safe, give them dreams in the night and new revelations from your living holy Word.  Prepare them to deliver a Good Meal to your children, a spiritually nutritious  meal that will tide them over

We trust You Lord

Content

No comments:

Post a Comment