Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Subtle Pride

This past week I became weighed down with the many prayer requests of the saints.  I, with others, have prayed and believed, believed and prayed.  
Yesterday and today were different though.....I started to become frustrated and irritated.  I had a long talk with the Lord about the whole thing.   I entered into worship this morning wholeheartedly but not long after I again felt the grip of disappointment as I grappled with prayers that were going unanswered.
"Why Lord?
Are we praying wrong Lord?
What are we missing?
Couldn't you just answer at least in part?
I just don't get it."

Tonite as I drove to Bible Study I was reminded once again of His Sovereignty.  I realized that I had crossed into the "Job zone"     The Job zone is always entered on the back of pride.  One begins to think that their timing, ideas, thoughts, etc are better than God's and  they (I) get irritated and frustrated at His lack of acting on our behalf.

Father I ask Your forgiveness, in picking up frustration I laid down the precious Peace that You bought for me on the cross.  
I have NO BUSINESS going "there"   
I have been bought with a price, I am no longer my own and I must trust You....no matter what.  
Forgive me for that subtle pride that makes its way into my heart and mind.  Thank you for Your faithfulness and Your love that endures forever!!  Your timing is exact and prefect and I, once again, bow to Your plans and ways Lord.....I will do it with Thanksgiving as "I know whom I believe and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day"  2 Timothy 1:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61U_94AgUuo

Psalm 31:15
My times are in your hands... NIV

 What a profound and blessed revelation – that God has absolute control over all the times in our lives. God is the only one in the universe that totally controls time. This is beautifully demonstrated in the heavenly bodies. Countless millions and millions of stars move around in the universe with absolute precision. Isaiah the prophet says that the Lord calls every one of them forth by name and they are all present, not one is wanting.

 The sun never rises late or sets early. Astronomers can calculate the exact place of every heavenly body in the remote past, in the distant future. God has absolute control over time and what David realized when he uttered those words is this: that God has absolute control over the times in our lives. He’s never late. He’s never premature. He has a time for every situation, every circumstance. If we will just commit our lives totally into His hands, we’ll find that our times are in His hands. What a relief from pressure, from strain, to know that God has control over the time element in our lives. Our times are in God’s hands. - Derek Prince


content.....again

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Its amazing how what you go through is exactly what others are going through too!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marnie I really needed that. cheryl

    ReplyDelete