Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Strength for Today

All day I have been thinking of the hymn line;

"Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow"

Mom and I visited some friends that moved away to start farming.  We know farming.  Farming owns you....the work ALWAYS outweighs the time and energy.

As we were leaving the farmer answered..." No, I'm done for the day....I'm all in".  Wisdom.....pushing it would very possibly bring about an injury, sloppy work and agitation.  Funny how as we gain wisdom with age , our stamina can no longer support all our great plans and ideas!

Life sure is complicated...and as the saying goes aging is not for wimps!  

So my prayer tonight for these dear friends is just that....that they will have strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.   Sleep well....the sun will be rising before you know it and rest will have rejuvenated you for the day ahead...may it be filled with hope!

Content

1 comment:

  1. Your right, aging is not for whimps...yes, strength for today and bright hopes for tomorrow is what I need.. eva

    ReplyDelete