Monday, November 28, 2011

Decluttering

I have been having the opportunity lately to declutter/organize in some homes.   I really like this job.  I enjoy moving mountains.  I tend to be goal oriented and am spurred on by success.


This process has stirred up my thinking about the clutter IN our lives not just around us.   Sometimes we are JUST A MESS.   With that we can be discouraged, downtrodden, despondent and even depressed.   God loves to come in an organize our mess.  HE says "COME TO ME!"  "Cast your cares on ME"
HE wants your mess!!  
HE knows where it has all come from and what should be done with it .
HE comes in and pushes stuff back and makes room for us to catch a breath and see a light at the end of the tunnel.  We are encouraged.


God keeps going.  Pretty soon HE is moving us to open up our closets, look under beds and go into hidden places.   He asks us to throw out lots of stuff.  HE shows us what is useful and what is just taking up space and causing us to stumble.  
HE wants to do new things in and through us and wants us to simplify.  (Believe me I am reading this as I write!)


God makes all things new.  HE longs for us to travel light, not to be owned by our stuff, to hold lightly.  
Fellow traveler,  Whats in your backpack?


Blessings!


Need some help?  Call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment