Sunday, October 4, 2020

"Does it Count?"

 Leaving for Prayer meeting the other night, 

 a young catholic girl said to me "oh does it count?"

It put smile on my face.

I had many Catholic friends growing up.

If they went to church Sat night

 or some other time

 it "often counted" 

which meant they did not have to attend church Sunday morning.


It got me thinking about my relationship 

with my Husband Jesus, 

my Savior.

First I thought about when Ive had a commitment

 to call someone 

and after texting them and checking in on them

 I felt "off the hook" for the rest of the day,

 my commitment being done.


But then again 

there's the relationship of a lover, 

a fiancé, 

a possible deeper relationship.

Maybe it's a first date

 that ended nicely 

and with a promise of keeping in touch.

A text in the morning, 

expressing further interest 

sets a spark smoldering.  

You find yourself waiting for more

 and wondering if and when 

there will be more communication.


That text in the morning

simply does not suffice.  

In fact I answer right back

 hoping that it will be replied to !

Why.....

cause I'M INTERESTED! 

Someone has "caught my eye!"

In fact I'm having trouble concentrating!!

Well my friend 

that's exactly what a RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS is like!

When you come to REALLY KNOW HIM

when you've given your life to Him

 and asked Him to take control,

that relationship begins to grow.  

It moves from "counting"

 to not being able to get enough!


How about you?

Has your relationship with Jesus developed into something

 that has your attention all day long?


He's counting on YOU!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment