Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Start by Stopping

 Tonight while talking to a guest 

I heard this piece of counsel 

come from my mouth

"Start by Stopping"

we had been chatting 

about how to turn around a negative 

and sometimes "devils advocate" attitude 

with a little bit of eyore thrown in. 

An attitude that had become the norm 

and God in His wonderful way 

was opening her eyes to it.

"What do I do to stop this?  

It is just "who I am" and so natural ."

I was reminded  of a time 

when I was struggling with my mouth...

(hard to picture I know!)

I Told the Lord 

I felt it was a demon who was pouncing on me 

when I least expected it 

and it "made me" become a reactor ...

The Lord simply said to me, 

"If I (or any other friend for that matter) 

were sitting at your table 

would you have control?

well Of course I would!  

I stood with no excuse...

Remember Friend 

HIS work on the cross FINISHED it all!  

We stand with NO excuse.

We need to take HIs Grace and Strength 

We need to start by Stopping.  

Do what we need to do.  

Confess and repent. 

Ask the Holy Spirit to change us

 into What He intends us to become.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!  


https://youtu.be/rpJ4u0QbQwc

No comments:

Post a Comment