Sunday, September 20, 2020

Nostalgia

This week I read a sentence that got me musing

GOD IS NOT NOSTALGIC

First I looked up the meaning
1. The state of being homesick

2 a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for
 return to
Or of some past period of irrecoverable condition

GOD S NOT NOSTALGIC
and I don't believe He wants us to be either!

Yesterday in Bible Study we talked about "cleaning out"
And the hold  our "stuff" has on many.
Like we know I can easily make decisions about your stuff
 but mine is a different story!

What are we to do?


First of all God is our Provider

Second I believe as Pilgrims we need to travel light
Third in this blog I'm referring to the things 
That keep "getting in our way"
Those things that occupy our minds and cause us to be unsettled.

Pictures, passed down stuff, memrobelia. 
I'm not by any means saying we must live stark, bare lives 
but more that we just
Need to
MAKE A DECSION!!

Our society is one of STORAGE UNITS
Storage units OFTEN are filled with nostalgia
Things that I simply cannot...
or CHOOSE not 
to make a decision about.

Things that are COSTING me something every day


Matthew 5:37 says
"Simply let your yes be yes and your no be no"


So my friends....this blog is for me!
I'm pulling things out.....

Those things that I'm often not even seeing anymore.
the stuff tucked away

Or maybe, although under my nose,
 I don't see anymore.

Actually, we were discussing the story of the rich young ruler in Matthew 10:21
who Jesus told to 
"sell all that you have and 
GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THE POOR 
and you will have treasures in Heaven; 
come accompany Me 
and walk the same road that I walk"

Ok ...I know right where I'm going to start...
I'm going to start a Blessing Fund
I will post whatever is worth anything ..
give it two weeks to sell 
if it does then the money will go to Bless Someone,
if it doesn't,
the items will go to a nearby thrift store 
and it will still be a blessing to someone!

Anyone with me?!

Today
JUST MAKE A DECISION!

No comments:

Post a Comment