Tuesday, May 27, 2014

okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Moms tucked in and I'm walking in circles. You know ~ many things to do but the energy for none.

Well it's been many weeks since you have heard from me.
A baby shower and a new baby
A bridal shower and a new bride/son in law
A speaking engagement and  ALL that those entail have filled my past weeks to the brim.

But now the fury and the flurry have passed and it is quiet.

I've been having a nagging thought. I find often that that is the Wonderful Patient Holy Spirit trying to get my attention.  Tonight I am thinking about giving in.
"thinking about it" you say?  Why?

simply put..
because it seems 
 too big for me!  

I will have to be on my toes, tape fingers together to remember and get my nose in the Word more ~ to name a few.

I do know that I will not progress hanging back.  I know He has more for me and to put in me and I need to go unearth my white flag and shoot it up the pole.

I give up!   
Take me I'm Yours!

Maybe you too are feeling the nudge from the Lord about something.  Let me know and I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me

Later we'll compare notes
:)

stretching
m

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Marnie. I have been having a time of accepting the things I cannot change, and hoping my labors of love will eventually bear fruit despite apparent dormancy. Each time I feel stress growing in me, I stop and pray and try to relax my body in faith. I try to accept the limitations of people around me when I look for rest. Your encouragement really helps. IT is also good to hear how your mom and family are doing. I miss the times we used to see each other frequently.
    Thanks again lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your back. Oh yes the Lord has been dealing with me. First off, in how I am spending my time. Wasting time is easy as is just plain busyness for busyness' (try saying that three times fast) sake. I love to create and I love to learn and I'm feeling such a drive to be in my home and making a warm, cozy, but most importantly, a spirit filled atmosphere. This is where time in God's word and study play such a part, not to mention time for prayer and sometimes just time to listen.
    This brings me to the second thing that the Lord is dealing with me about. That is just what I am listening to and watching. Junk abounds and I can be a junkie. Junk in means junk out. Sometimes the silences are the most uncomfortable, yet the most profound. I've discovered I have the happiest bird chirping outside the kitchen door and I get rewarded with arias each morning and evening. Wonderful, wonderful.
    These are small and gentle callings but for me very, very necessary. Please pray that this whirling dervish can slow down, wait for, listen, hear , and most importantly obey the Holy Spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Marnie.....this is sooo how I feel :) But of course, I didn't marry a daughter, speak at a ladies day, have a new grandson, AND take care of my aged mom :) You are truly amazing and I miss you and our conversations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have hung the white flag and wait at the
    Bottom of the pole for my next orders. In
    The mean time ........ Feeling out of sorts and
    Disconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon Marnie,
    As the Lord leads I will pray for you Marnie.

    multitudes of love, Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I wasn't so exhausted I would be in my car and headed your way. SOOOON I promise - I will come on by for a visit. I too am in that spot of running in circles trying to get this house ready and still in a mess. All I really want to do is sit and be in the word and fellowshipping with God's wonderful women.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stretching right there with ya!
    Never easy....God gave me "peace" as my word for the year - oh how I've needed it! He always knows!
    Love you!
    Konnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Marnie, feeling the same nudge of Holy Spirit.
    Love you my dear friend.
    Would love to get together next week. What would work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello stretching,
    great words,
    great transparency
    great reminder
    brought tears to my heart
    I, too, need our
    Great God and
    more of His Great Word, more, more

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete